The Awakening

Buddha, Happiness, unhappiness, sorrow, emotion, life, liberation, enlightenment, birth, dead, time, space

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Silence ! ...



THE LAST two or three years I wake up normally in the morning with very pleasant feeling.
Still laying in bed, I usually wanted to shout out something loudly, to make a noise, to let energy floating out of my body like a Karate-fighter during his final attack : A .... A ....



OF COURSE , It is the victory against the streams of thoughts, and it is also a gift to wake up in very pleasant feeling.
But what about Thich Nhat Hanh, or the Daila Lama ? or The Buddha twenty five centuries ago? Did they want to cry out every morning like a crazy Karate-fighter on the threshold of his victory ?
Of course not ...



I woke up one morning silently, with nothing in my mind exept the awareness I am still laying on bed.
It seemed I indended to make a noise, but I could'nt !
My mind was empty and even my mouth wanted to be let alone ...
I got out of bed and do usual rituals of the morning, quietly and in full awareness of my whole body-and-mind: I knew my mind is empty, and I was aware of every step, every actions ...
Time seemed to be slow down ...

AT NOON, I took the train to downtown Utrecht again, not really to find something, but just to enjoy the Peace, the Freedom ...
Looking at People on the train, on the streets ...
Watching at everything goes by ... as if I was an outsider, a stranger from another dimension ...
and yet I was there, in downtown Utrecht ...
Even many couples walking along the streets, side by side and hand in hand: It seemed there were so manything else in their minds than just enjoying loves, That afternoon ...



IT IS silence !
Not the Silence between fightings, but a peaceful Silence !
It seemed I am no longer a marathon-swimmer just reaching the other side of the river, but a visitor in downtown Utrecht, resting along the canal, taking an Australian icecream in a mid-summer day ...

© Eind August 2000 ,
Durius Nguyen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home